Translate

Friday, April 19, 2013

My Life has Changed

I started working in February for Anglican Aid http://anglicanaid.org.au/ a faith based organisation which has international development projects in Africa and Asia. I was employed as Office Manager but I have many and varied duties which include all aspects of looking after the office as well as responsibility for African projects.I have been impressed by the quality of work done in Africa through our partners in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, Ethiopia and South Sudan. A little money from Australia goes a long way in Africa and is transforming communities where we work.

Hard to believe that less than two months ago I was driving to work and home in a job which was effectively subsidised by the taxpayers of NSW. This job seeks to encourage and engage donors and our projects are reliant on being able to do that. My boss is in the last week of a four week, 2,500km cycle ride "Smashing Cycles of Poverty" tour raising awareness on global injustice.

Is this the best job I have ever had? I really think it is!
 My boss David Mansfield in yellow
 We work amongst street kids in Ethiopia
 Malaria education and provision of nets is saving lives in Africa
An income generation project in Uganda is assisting people to feed their families, send kids to school and build concrete housing rather than the thatched houses which are easily destroyed in bad weather

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML

Tanzanian Economic Development 2014-2024 (2)

WATER Water is life as they say and without it you cannot live. Surrounded as the area is by Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa and ...