Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The final weekend

As I went for a walk yesterday morning the sunrise with its tinges of red had me wondering about the African sunrises and sunsets. The images I have seen to date suggest that African colours are much brigher than here in Australia.

Saturday was a busy day. It is a long weekend here and so many things to finalise. Breakfast at Bowral with friends wanting to catch up prior to my departure. We at the the Elephant Boy Cafe where I had the best breakfast I have had in years not only food but atmosphere was good. Left Bowral to head to Kiama at 11.30am. Temp was 27"C and by the time we got to Kiama it was 39'C one hour later. Spent time with Linda's parents, showed them some clips from the African Aids Foundation Video which they found interesting. From there to an engagement party in 40'C heat at Albion Park.

Home at 56.30 and alll the good intenets to pack dissipated as I relaxed and slept off the day.



Today must get packed and sorted. WOn't have time this week.

Tomorrow is breakfast wth friends at Turramurra and afternoon tea with neighbours. My work week is a write off and people asking for meetings are getting after five invites. Tuesday is dinner with staff and Thursday will be a family meal out and Friday is departure time 8.10am. Lucky I ave a domestic flight to Perth otherwise it would be 5am at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML

Tanzanian Economic Development 2014-2024 (2)

WATER Water is life as they say and without it you cannot live. Surrounded as the area is by Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa and ...