Translate

Saturday, January 31, 2009

On Board South African Airways with the friendliest cabin crew in the world



30/1/09 15.30 SA time
You will be pleased to know I am up to page 65 of Obama’s book. No more commentary other than to say he really is easy to read and the story is fascinating
About an hour from landing in Joburg. The SAA flight has been excellent. Probably the most colourful flight attendants of any airline I have flown with. Beautiful smiles and personalities together with the five colour scarves the females wore.. Most attendants were male including a very cheerful Zulu for whom nothing was a problem. Listened to music mainly and got to hear four African voices – Miriam Makeba, Siphokazi (fantastic), Ashanti and Angelique Kidjo from Benin who makes the French language sound worth learning.
The captain has just announced we are crossing the coastline above Richards Bay and given us the time in SA which is above. I have just changed my laptop time so I am running on local time. SA is nine hours behind Sydney
Great four hour sleep and I guess I listened to Siphokazi throughout.
No real feelings other than of anticipation. I remember my first time in Europe and the feelings that came flooding through as I approached Riga airport – landing on the soil of my father’s homeland for the first time. This is an adventure that I am looking forward to. Less than thrity minutes and we will be on the ground.

Just prior to landing the friendly and happy flight attendants agreed to a photo. The Zulu guy was going thru a rubbish bin of paper towels discarded from the bathrooms as a woman was desperately searching for a ring she had lost. Not too many airlines where that sort of service would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML

Tanzanian Economic Development 2014-2024 (2)

WATER Water is life as they say and without it you cannot live. Surrounded as the area is by Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa and ...