Translate

Sunday, March 15, 2009

A weekend in and around Bergville

Weekend 6-9 March
So tired that I planned a quiet weekend around the cricket. Saturday seemed to fly and I dozed off and on all day. Dinner at John Green’s with the Bishop and Helga Holst Med Super of McCord’s Hospital Durban, sister Monika and Dr Bernard Gaede from Emmaus Hospital. Interesting discussion about the state of SA, failure of government services, political issues and violence in the political process. The Bish is political if nothing else and is seeking to push for accountability of elected officials and government services. Walked home. Bergville is dead quiet at night.

Sunday to Rookdale Catholic Church – all Zulu. No priest – whole service conducted by two women including communion. Then to Winterton Anglican where I caught the tail end of the service. I helped with the BBQ and had lots of people coming to speak to me. Cricket for the afternoon until three Zulu girls who I had videoed on my first Sunday arrived at my invitation to watch the videos. Took some more videos. Carol went through her CD collection so it was an afternoon of videos and music.






























No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML

Tanzanian Economic Development 2014-2024 (2)

WATER Water is life as they say and without it you cannot live. Surrounded as the area is by Lake Victoria, the largest lake in Africa and ...